Saturday, June 21, 2008

One of my best pictures ever!



In April I was fortunate enough to meet President Bill Clinton when he was here in Portland stumping for Hillary. Previous blog about this is titled CLICK ! posted in April.

We had a great conversation about Rwanda and I wanted to memorialize it with a photo. Someone promised to take a picture for me so that I could use it for the Itafari website (http://itafari.org/) I in turn promised to buy a goat for the children of Rwanda for $25 in his honor! (Feel free to purchase goats yourself at the Itafari website under DONATE).

This last Thursday, my friend Bette Bode who was there representing the city of Beaverton the same day gave me the picture he had taken. And here it is. I'm not highly photogenic and usually my mouth is hanging open because I'm talking.... But this, I must say, is truly one of my better photos. And the only one capturing my conversation with the President.

The photographer, who will remain unnamed, will get a photo of the back of a goat rather than a goat purchased in this name. Makes me laugh – and truly 15 minutes of fame can be lost if not memorialized!!!

No comments: