Friday, June 13, 2008

Happy Father's Day Bugsy!



He's not my Dad. He's my husband. My Dad, Mr. Papa died just over 2 years ago. I celebrated him for years. But it's always good to celebrate the man in your life who is a great father. That's John. My view is definitely a bit one sided. But loving him for 28 years and watching him love his kids has taught me a lot about him.

When we met he was legally separated and raising the kids by himself. He told me that he would do anything for his children, and he has. He has never complained, been bitter if they forgot to acknowledge him, expected anything from them because of what he gave them. He was a father's father.

Truly loves his children unconditionally. Much like Dead Rita loved us. I never saw that in Mr. Papa. His love was fairly conditional. But not John. It was one of the many reasons I fell big time for him. Most men I met then were selfish. Not a character trait I have ever seen in him.

So happy Father's Day to my husband. You love well and try hard to be a good Dad. And doing your best is all you have to do.

No comments: