Thursday, June 12, 2008

Dead Rita would have LOVED this!


Today I began to Twitter. It's called one of the fastest-growing phenomena on the Internet by Time Magazine. I say, 'who knew!?' I'd heard about it and today a friend suggested I begin twittering. I think it's a bit similar to IMing, which I am pathetic at doing! (even my friends in Rwanda think so but are too polite to tell me!) I'll be working in Rwanda and someone sends me an IM. I can't seem to respond and I'll enter a pre written message like, "the answer is yes." I am seriously truly pathetic.


Dead Rita was cool at 51. I'm 51 and by beginning to Twitter today it occured to me she was always doing things at whatever age she was that were currently happening in the world. She would have had a cell phone and twittered her grandchildren in Indiana. She loved technology.


I remember being 26 to her 51 and she kept up quite nicely. I wish she'd Twitter me. But then she'd be alive. No Book. No Dead Rita. OK by me! Instead, Rita's dead and I'll just wish she'd send me a Twitter......


Wouldn't it be great to get a Twitter from Heaven??!! What would that look like?? Probably wouldn't say, "HELL-O!" She'd say, "Hiya Vits!" So there's a link on the blog now to Twitter me. Knock yourself out....and I hope I'll be able to do more than say, "The answer is yes!"


Pithy in 140 character or less. Good goal. Go to http://twitter.com to learn more.

No comments: