Sunday, July 6, 2008

Can I get a whoo hoo?!



Just a little declaration here: I'm done (for now) re-editing Dead Rita's Wisdom! WHOO HOO! It took tremendous discipline but a certain publisher (we'll call him Rick-mostly because that's his name) who is coaching me will be pleased I'm sure!


It's amazing to sit for hours and read her wisdom that I have written about. It empowers me to accomplish so much! A woman whose life was so hard – who died too young. Who left behind magnificent wisdom. And I somehow captured it. Whether or not we have something here that is marketable remains to be seen – or as DR would say: "We shall see what we shall see".


So much dead wisdom out there! JFK, Eleanor Roosevelt, your deceased grandparent, a teacher's kind words when you were a child (and you're old now so they could be dead…) and it goes on and on. Do not take this lightly – but do see it all with a sense of wonder.


It's a definite whoo hoo moment!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't wait to read it!

Unknown said...

I can't wait to read it!!

Joshua N. Hoering said...

I just read your blog - congratulations on finishing Dead Rita's Wisdom! I know it's going to be a great book in so many ways. Although she has passed away, her wisdom will now live on forever so long as her words stay in writing and in our memories. I think that honoring her with this book is one of the greatest compliments I can think of. We all seem to want to be heard in one form or another and this passing of her knowledge is both enlightening and beautiful in the most honest way.